Life!!!
This is our plate for the new year ahead. We have each chosen a word we wanted to put on the plate, mine is PERSEVERANCE, to keep on keeping on!! To carry on whatever set of circumstances comes up, and for me to be joyful. That nicely fits in with Ellie's word JOY, which she is and gives to us all! Our own little miracle!Joe wanted GRATEFUL, which he is for all things. He told me the most important thing to him is his Mummy and Daddy. Andy chose STRENGTH,not just the physical but mental aswell. I suppose as a lot of you would say about your own year, we have had an interesting one, I hold to my belief a day at a time, and we have had fun and laughter! Watching Joe play football Saturday mornings has become a regular family event, with Ellie trying to get a football to play with, and then coming home for a bacon butty and a hot bath, to snuggles with Ellie in bed, to seeing Joe in his Christmas Nativity as an alien, don't ask, to cooking Sunday lunches together, to only see Ellie wing it across the table, to sharing midnight feasts, to hot choccy's in bed, or to Joe coming into chat while I'm in the bath, to spending time with family and friends, to spending time away with Andy, all special in their own way!The year ahead, what does hold for each of us, we don't know. It was brought home to me recently, as I have mentioned to savour each and every moment! My Dad came to visit, he has Alzheimer's and has recently deteriorated rapidly it seems. For me it was the first time he didn't recognise who I was, and thought I was his sister. He seemed sad, and said he was. We were able to talk, hug and cry. My mum is his carer and amazing, eventhough she would say she isn't!So I am grateful, for Andy, Joe, Ellie, my family and amazing friends, and my life, and to God!
So as we go forward into the New year, don't put things off,say I love you to those special people that we love,not just once,take that time to smile and hug and hold your loved ones close! Take the time to say I'm sorry, please forgive me, thank you and it's okay. To me the secret of hapiness is freedom and the secret of freedom courage! I hope you have a happy, peaceful, and hopeful New Year!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment