Saturday, 4 December 2010

Cracked but not broken!!!

I love doing our Christmas Tree, our decorations aren't perfect, or colour co-ordinated, or top of the range, but some are made, and some of them have their stories to tell but all cherished. This is a picture of one of the oldest Christmas decorations we have for our tree. This came from my Grandma, so when I do my tree, it makes me remember of the happy times I spent with her and my Grandad, particularly the Christmas's we had in Aberdovey! The last one we had there was the first one after my Grandad had died,my dad had just been diagnosed with Alzheimers and I was heavily pregnant with Joe, and being tube fed, so there was no Christmas dinner for me! My sister Wendy kept Dad occupied, and my other sister Katy and I cooked, Grandma sat in a chair in the kitchen drinking sherry and delegating!!! My mum was ill in bed! It could have been a tough one, but it wasn't it was a special time, and the last Christmas my Grandma had!We remember it with fondness!
Looking at this bell, you can see some of the glitter has come off and it is chipped and cracked, life can be like that sometimes!
This year we had an extra helper, my niece Hanni. Both her and Joe decorated most of the tree, can't really say that Ellie helped much, at the time she was being a stroppy two year old!!!
So our tree may look disjointed, and maybe abit top heavy but to me it doesn't matter, what matters is it was done with love and by people I love!

1 comment: