Sunday, 10 June 2012

Moment by moment!!

 As I sit here writing this I can hear Joe, Ellie and Andy playing outside, both Joe and Ellie in their Ipswich football strips!!
It seems such a long time since I wrote a blog, the last one being at the beginning of the year, with all hope that a New Year may bring.
Has it lived up to my expectations? To be honest I don't know how to respond to that!!! There have been really tough times and it has been a learning curve!!! You do truly find out who your friends are, and they walk the journey with you. Those friends who take you as you are and don't judge you or tell you how you should be doing it! Each situation is unique as we are all individuals and so handle things differently!
My dad has deteriorated and now doesn't really recognise us, for him what quality of life is it? In a time of clarity he asked me how heaven would be, and how could he get there? Could I take him, how I wish that was possible in a way, as he is so lost. For us it is a living grief, seeing the dad who was once your protector, now like this.
So today its a moment by moment day, enjoying Joe and Ellie, helping, talking, playing football, making cakes, watching the fun run, and being encouraged .
My family far and wide thats you Charly!!!!!! we are there for one another, and we go the extra mile!!
We are soon to welcome a new addtion to our extended family, and how special it has and is to have Katy and Iona  with us. Certainly special times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment