Friday, 5 February 2010

Miracles

One of my little miracles, well if you asked Joe he would say big rather than little as he celebrated his 5th Birthday yesterday!Where have the five years gone? I can remember the evening he was born,it had seemed at some points quite a long pregnancy with me having to have and N.J tube due to hyperemesis, an interesting experience!



Joe came into this world at 8 minutes past 11, we couldn't wait to meet him. He was born a fighter, wanting to get the most out of life and he still does today.



At this time 5 years ago, I didn't have Joe with me, from about 5 minutes after delivery he had be rushed down to intensive care as he had stopped breathing. We were numb struck! His left lung had collapsed and his right one didn't look to great either. I saw him at 1 in the morning in intensive care, he was huge compared to the other babies as they were prem. Joe never lost his birth weight, and to the amazement of everyone he was well enough to come out of hospital a week later on my birthday, the best ever birthday present , nothing will ever compare to that.It has been a an adventure seeing him growing up and to see he develop, I love him with every fibre of my body and will do forever! We have the saying I love you more, and Joe always says more than icecream and so it continues!


Every day with Joe is full of life, he lives it to the full and is so excited by it! What a wonderful way to be! As I say that, it is 6am, he didn't get to bed until late and he has just come down. He is excited about going to Jenny P's today. He is sitting on my lap give me lots of kisses.

Life is a miracle lets make the most of it!

2 comments: