Wednesday, 4 August 2010

Mountain Top!!!

I have recently spent a week away on a Girls Brigade Camp in Exmouth. We were under canvass, but had mattresses to sleep on, and this year no slugs were seen, this was probably due to the fantastic weather we had!

We all came with our own expectations of what camp would be like. For me it was the first time, so I wasn't to sure of all the routines and things that went on. I had been on Boys Brigade camp a few years ago but knew it would be different.

Found out that quite a few girls don't like spiders full stop! So I did remove and kill quite a few!

What I did see was the support the girls gave to each other, when they were finding it tough, and how caring they could be. In this day and age when the general public don't like the youth, it was good to see a different side.

It was very busy and tiring but so rewarding, my feeling is if you can get through camp, you can survive most things the world chucks out you. In some ways it puts you difficulties in perspective and focus on God.


I have recently read form the book of Habakkuk, just so love the name!! In one chapter it talks of suffering and yes girls struggling to!!! but that the Lord is your strength, he makes my feet like the feet of a deer and enables me to go to the heights', which is where we can go, even though there are tough situations around us!

I hope that you will persevere until the very end,because it is only then that you will find out
that the end is but the beginning, don't hold back and go for life!

No comments:

Post a Comment